Here are my consolidated takeaways for what to eat. (I prefer to focus on what to eat, not what not to eat.)
This list is roughly ordered in terms of what's most valuable -- both from top to bottom, and from left to right. Foods on the right are still mostly recommended, but the most often-recommended ones are at the left.
- Top overall advice: Michael Pollan's "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."
- Top foods: Avocado, Blueberries, leafy green vegetables, raw vegetables, fish, nuts
- Leafy vegetables: Spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, bok choy, romaine lettuce, red lettuce, green lettuce (not iceberg), kohlrabi, baby greens
- Green vegetables: Avocado (yeah i know it’s a fruit, shut up), broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, artichokes
- Fresh fish (all as wild as you can plausibly get): Salmon, sardines, oysters, mussels, rainbow trout, arctic char, barramundi, cod, mackerel
- Canned fish: Sardines, anchovies (you can cook them in a puttanesca sauce), clams, tuna
- Nuts: Pistachios, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds
- Bioactive: Pickles, kimchee, miso, yoghurt, kefir
- Oil: Olive oil, avocado oil, canola, soybean, sesame, coconut
- Grain: sorghum, millet, quinoa
- Fruit: Blueberries, (tropical fruit: plantains, bananas, papaya, mango--some say underripe is best), kiwi
- Vitamin-rich protein: Eggs, the less industrial the better; tofu, pate, edamame
- Breakfaste: Bran cereal, meusli cereal, oatmeal (without much syrup/sugar added)